Page - Administration Assistant - REAch2 Academy Trust
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Salary: £17,000 – £22,000 (scaled)
Contract type: Permanent, full-time post (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm)
Location: Scientia Academy, Mona Road, Burton on Trent DE13 0UF
About REAch2 Academy Trust
REAch2 was established in 2012 and is now one of the foremost primary-only academy trusts in the country – operating across the Midlands, East Anglia, Greater London and the South East.
REAch2 comprises sponsored academies, converter academies, trust-to-trust transferred academies and brand new schools (both LA commissioned new provision and free schools). We are committed to enabling individual schools to flourish with a high degree of autonomy whilst benefiting from a strong culture of support and collaboration.
We work in some of the most challenging areas of the country, and we make a big difference: in schools, we had sponsored for 2+ years, in 2015, 25% more pupils achieved national benchmarks by the end of primary than when we first took those schools on. The CEO Steve Lancashire was knighted in the 2016 New Year honours. Over the past year, we have helped establish two autonomous sister trusts, operating in primary and secondary phase in other parts of the country – Reach4 and Reach South. In September 2016, the Department for Education approved REAch2 to open 22 brand new schools over the next few years, mostly in our existing areas of operation https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more-choice-as-over-80000-new-free-schools-places-created. In October 2016, the head of Ofsted blogged about seven high performing academy trusts, including REAch2 http://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/hmcis-monthly-commentary-october-2016
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to colleagues, assisting in daily office needs and managing REAch2’s general administrative activities.
- To ensure the Trust office is well organised and efficiently run.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the CEO and other Senior Administrative colleagues within the Trust.
- Being the first point of contact for the Trust;
- To provide an appropriate first response to all telephone enquiries and re-direct as necessary e.g. public, parental, press and third party organisations.
- Taking full ownership of the main Trust email inbox, answering and signposting queries and requesting other REAch2 colleagues to action certain requests.
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Trust.
- To develop constructive relationships and communicate effectively with staff, parents/carers, other agencies and professionals, maintaining confidentiality and adhering to data protection regulations at all times.
- Managing the post that comes into the office, opening and distributing as required.
- Undertaking a wide range of clerical tasks including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, data input, photocopying, typing, and filing.
- To arrange any hospitality requirements and meeting room facilities as and when directed.
- Covering for other Administrative colleagues within the Trust during absence/leave.
- Arrange and minute meetings as required.
- Ordering supplies for the REAch2 office in Burton on Trent & London.
- Arranging and booking travel arrangements for colleagues within the Trust.
- Supporting with Events Management and attending conferences/consultations/events as required.
- Significant and proven experience working within a similar role (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication to a range of high level audiences using a variety of mediums (E)
- Knowledge of Office 13 – including Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint together with excellent keyboard skills (E)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, work to tight and changing deadlines and anticipate requirements in advance (E)
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills and proven ability to work and build good working relationships remotely with colleagues and other team members (E)
- Ability to recognise political urgency/sensitivity of emails/phone calls in order to alert the appropriate person in a timely manner (E)
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of REAch2 Academy Trust, its ethos and values partners, relevant systems and procedures (E)
- Ability to be adaptable and work flexibly across the Trust (E)
- Demonstrate a commitment to own professional development and willingness to learn and become familiar with a range of business functions (E)
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity, including modelling values and vision (E)
- Commitment to promote and support the aims and value partners REAch2 Academy Trust (E)
D – Desirable
E – Essential
Please submit your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Olivia Matthews, email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 17th of April 2017 5:00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 25th of April 2017