Page - Executive Assistant to CEO - Reach South Academy
EA to CEO – Reach South Academy Trust – Job Advert (2017)
Job Title: EA to CEO – Reach South Academy Trust
Contract type: Permanent, full-time post.
Location: Flexible; candidates will need to be within an hour’s commute of Plymouth. Postholders will be based at home and the role will include some travel into London (within working hours).
About Reach South Academy Trust
Reach South is a new Academy Trust that was set up as a sister trust to REAch2 and Reach4. The trust is founded on the same values and draws strength from being linked to a wider family of schools. At our core, we are a local trust serving the South West of England with primary, secondary, all-through, SEN and AP schools.
Our central mission is for Reach South pupils to aspire to achieve beyond the expectations that others place on them. Reach South Academy Trust exists to provide schools that serve their local community, offering parents and guardians access to the highest quality of local school for their children.
An experienced, confident and forward thinking Executive Assistant is sought to support a very busy CEO. The purpose of the role is to provide high level, professional business and administrative support to the CEO to enable them to operate effectively in their role. The position is a new one, so postholders will have the chance to make the role their own implementing new ways of working and organising the Finance Directors time.
- Proactively manage the CEO’s extremely busy diary, accommodating regular changes in schedule and diary conflicts so that key deadlines are met and responsibilities fulfilled as efficiently as possible.
- Arranging a comprehensive travel itinerary, including accommodation, on a national and sometimes international basis. Ensuring all charitable rates are met and providing best efficiency of time for the CEO.
- Produce a weekly itinerary to enable briefing papers to be prepared and the CEO’s movements to be thoroughly calculated.
- Travelling with the CEO to take notes or dictation at appointments or to provide general assistance during meetings.
- Able to build and maintain strong communications with not only the CEO but other colleagues within the Group, often remotely.
- Forward planning at least 2-3 months in advance including regular Trust-wide meetings.
- Working together closely with other clerical colleagues within the Reach Group to ensure comprehensive planning for all meetings and events sometimes 1-2 years in advance.
- Organise and arrange conferences and events including schools visits, Headteacher Conferences and away days.
- Proactively arrange regular meetings in schools with direct reports and individuals.
- Prepare agendas, attend and record minutes and actions for meetings as directed by the CEO, maintaining a forward plan for all such meetings.
- Respond to communications on behalf of the CEO, acting as a gate keeper, signposting queries and issues to initiate appropriate action in order to ensure a timely response.
- Research and collate statistics and information to prepare briefings so that the CEO is fully prepared for meetings.
- Put together presentation slides for the CEO to present at meetings, including high-level Departmental events.
- Build effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Maintain and develop effective administrative systems to ensure a high level of confidentiality and efficiency.
- Undertake various admin tasks on behalf of the Trust.
- Prepare monthly expense claims for the CEO.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Board Chair and Trustee’s; circulating papers, minutes and actions from meetings. This includes providing administrative support at Board level, and acting as the Trust Board Clerk when required.
- Working and building rapport with the Reach Group central staff colleagues and academy Headteachers so as to instil confidence and trust, ensuring the CEO is accessible as required.
- Creating links and relationships with colleagues at the Department for Education to ensure that all higher-level relations between the CEO and Government officials are maintained and ensuring all Departmental event are prioritised as appropriate.
- Providing Executive Support as required to other teams within the Trust including HR, Projects and the Educational Team. This includes providing cover as required during administrative staff absence.
- To be self-motivated and have the ability to work under own initiative often remotely.
- Acting as an ambassador for The Reach Group, reflecting the Visions and Values of the Trust(s) at all times.
- Significant and proven experience working at Director level in a similar role (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication to a range of high level audiences using a variety of mediums and to draft correspondence on behalf of the CEO (E)
- Expert knowledge of Office 13 – including Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint together with excellent keyboard skills (E)
- Able to analyse data and use a range of office software applications (E)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, work to tight and changing deadlines and anticipate requirements in advance (E)
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills and proven ability to work and build good working relationships remotely with the CEO and other team members (E)
- Ability to recognise political urgency/sensitivity of emails/phone calls in order to alert the Finance Director or appropriate person in a timely manner (E)
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Reach South, its ethos and values partners, relevant systems and procedures (E)
- Ability to be adaptable and work flexibly across the Trust (E)
- Demonstrate a commitment to own professional development and willingness to learn and become familiar with a range of business functions (E)
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity, including modelling values and vision (E)
- Commitment to promote and support the aims and value partners Reach South (E)
- Degree Educated (D)
D – Desirable
E – Essential
Please submit your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Olivia Matthews, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7th April 2017
Interview Date: 20th April 2017