Page - Personal Assistant to HR Director and Team Administrator
Personal Assistant to HR Director and HR Team Administrator
Job Title: Personal Assistant to HR Director and HR Team Administrator
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000
Contract type: Permanent, full-time post.
Location: Flexible; candidates will need to be within an hour’s commute of Central London. Postholders will have the option of working from home.
About REAch2 Academy Trust
REAch2 was established in 2012 and is now one of the foremost primary-only academy trusts in the country – operating across the Midlands, East Anglia, Greater London and the South East.
REAch2 comprises sponsored academies, converter academies, trust-to-trust transferred academies and brand new schools (both LA commissioned new provision and free schools). We are committed to enabling individual schools to flourish with a high degree of autonomy whilst benefiting from a strong culture of support and collaboration.
We work in some of the most challenging areas of the country, and we make a big difference: in schools we had sponsored for 2+ years, in 2015, 25% more pupils achieved national benchmarks by the end of primary than when we first took those schools on. The CEO Steve Lancashire was knighted in the 2016 New Year honours. Over the past year, we have helped establish two autonomous sister trusts, operating in primary and secondary phase in other parts of the country – Reach4 and Reach South. In September 2016, the Department for Education approved REAch2 to open 22 brand new schools over the next few years, mostly in our existing areas of operation https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more-choice-as-over-80000-new-free-schools-places-created. In October 2016, the head of Ofsted blogged about seven high performing academy trusts, including REAch2 http://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/hmcis-monthly-commentary-october-2016
An experienced, confident and forward thinking PA is sought to support a very busy HR Director. The purpose of the role is to provide high level, professional business and administrative support to the HR Director to enable them to operate effectively in their role. The position is a new one, so postholders will have the chance to really make the role their own implementing new ways of working and organising the HR Directors time.
- Proactively manage the HR Director’s extremely busy diary, accommodating regular changes in schedule and diary conflicts so that key deadlines are met and responsibilities fulfilled as efficiently as possible.
- Travel with the HR Director to meetings as required.
- Work pro-actively with other support roles within the Trust to ensure smooth running of business functions.
- Writing business correspondence/communications on behalf of the HR Director.
- Proactively arrange regular meetings with direct reports and individuals that the HR Director coaches/mentors.
- Take control and manage the HR Directors extremely busy inbox; responding to communications on behalf of the HR Director, signposting queries and issues to initiate appropriate action in order to ensure a timely response.
- Organise travel arrangements nationally to ensure value for money and best use of time.
- Produce a weekly itinerary to enable briefing papers to be prepared and the HR Director’s movements to be available to other colleagues.
- Prepare agendas, attend and record minutes and actions for meetings as directed by the HR Director.
- Maintain a forward plan for meetings and major deadlines.
- Have an awareness of the bigger picture and its implications for planning meetings and the work of the HR Director.
- Build effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Maintain and develop effective administrative systems to ensure a high level of confidentiality and efficiency.
- Prepare monthly expense claims for HR Director.
- Creation of presentation slides for the HR Director as required.
- Answer ad-hoc queries both internally and externally.
- Act as a point of contact between colleagues and the HR Director to ensure complete management and maximum efficiency of the HR Director’s time.
- Cover for other support roles within the Trust as required.
Please submit your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to Recruitment@reach2.org
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Chloe Smith, email@example.com
Closing Date: 26th April 2017
Interview Date: 3rd May 2017 – interviews will be held in London