Page - Y6 Class Teacher Plus TLR for core subject leadership- Norton Canes Primary Academy
Post: Y6 Class Teacher Plus TLR for core subject leadership
Location: Norton Canes Primary Academy, School Road, Norton Canes, WS11 9SQ
Start date: September 2017
Contract type: Full time, Permanent (Dependent on experience)
Salary Scale: MPS Plus TLR for core subject leadership
Calling all experienced, inspirational, passionate teachers who would relish an exciting leadership opportunity!
If you believe that everyone is entitled to a school day that begins with a sense of purpose and positive anticipation and ends with a desire to return tomorrow, we need YOU!
Due to progression of a current member of staff, we have a teacher vacancy for September 2017 in Upper Key Stage 2 for an experienced, enthusiastic practitioner.
- Hard working and keen to work in a supportive and welcoming environment?
- Passionate about creativity and providing memorable educational opportunities?
- Warm in character, supportive of colleagues and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals?
- Are you a reflective and proactive practitioner?
- Determined and positive, with a ‘Find a way or make one!’ attitude?
- Keen to be nurtured to achieve your full potential as a teacher or already an outstanding teacher keen to share their expertise and if desired work in a leadership position?If so, you’d love to work at Norton Canes Primary Academy. This is not just another job. This is a chance to be part of something exciting and very worthwhile. We feel sure this opportunity will open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our committed team.
We can offer you:
- A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career;
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the West Midlands Multi-Academy Trust;
- The chance to work with a fantastic and supportive team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc.
- Opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflective practice;
- The chance to use / develop personal curriculum strengths;
- An excellent CPD training programme;
- A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement;
- Appreciative, well-behaved and enthusiastic pupils;
- Enthusiastic and supportive parents.
Norton Canes Primary Academy joined REAch2 in January 2014 after the predecessor school was placed in special measures. Our recent Ofsted inspection in November 2016 recognised the concerted efforts the school had made to raise standards. The school was judged overall as Requiring Improvement with Ofsted rating two areas as ‘Good’ – Early Years Provision and Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. The report highlighted many strengths, for example:-
“Staff are motivated and work well as a team. They support each other, share good practice and celebrate achievements in pupils’ learning.
Pupils behave well in lessons and around the school. Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school. Pupils feel safe and know how to keep safe.
There is a sense of community in the school where pupils and staff show mutual respect for each other. “
Please call us if you are interested, this really is an exciting opportunity!
The application process and timetable
For an informal discussion about these vacancies, please contact Karen Amos (Headteacher) on 01543 279402 or email email@example.com
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. This can be arranged at your convenience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01543 279402 to make further arrangements.
You are invited to submit an application form, which is available together with this document.
Closing date for applications – 4.30pm on Tuesday 25th April 2017
Completed application forms should be sent to: Mrs. S. Watkins, Norton Canes Primary Academy, School Road, Norton Canes, Staffs. WS11 9SQ
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Interview – TBC
The candidates selected for interview will be informed after shortlisting and full details of the interview programme will be provided.
REAch2 Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete and return the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form separately with their application.
In accordance with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.