Unity Primary Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Caretaker to join our school team.
The role is 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 1pm – 6pm, 52 weeks per year. The salary for this role is NJC Essex Band 2 point 3-5 (FTE £18,562 – £19,312) actual salary £12,541 – £13,048.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Be friendly, approachable and a team player
- Good communicator
- Self-motivated, organised and able to manage own workload
- Familiar with health and safety regulations and procedures and COSHH requirements, or willing to undertake training
- Able to take pride in the appearance and condition of our school, both internally and externally
- Able and prepared to work some unsociable hours (including alarm call-outs)
- Knowledgeable with high level handy-person/DIY skills and the ability to carry out general repairs and jobs competently
- Able to form professional relationships with staff, parents and of course our children.
If you wish to have an informal discussion with the Headteacher or visit the school (out of hours due to covid restrictions) please contact Miss Katie Mears (SBM) on 01206 864226.
To apply please download the application pack and application form to be submitted to email@example.com by Monday 24 May 2021.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview week commencing 7 June, we are looking for someone to start in September or as soon as possible if applicants are available.
Priority will be given to any Unity Primary Academy or REAch2 employees who are currently “at risk” of redundancy and meet the requirements set out in the job description.
Unity Primary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a check against the Children’s Barred List.
The school, and REAch2 Academy Trust, reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately.
REAch2 are a Real Living Wage employer.