About the Role
Responsible to the Head of IT, REAch2 Academy Trust is seeking to recruit an exceptional Cluster IT Support Technician to join the Trust in our growing organisation and team of IT technicians. The post holder to be based in one of our academy’s in the Reading area and will require regular site visits to REAch2 Schools locally and further afield as necessary.
We can offer:
- A varied and rewarding role where you will be working collaboratively to help ensure the educational success of academies within their respective clusters by providing excellent IT support and capability
- The benefits of being part of the forward-thinking REAch2 Multi-Academy Trust, considered one of the most successful primary Trusts in the country
- We offer a competitive salary plus pension, Term Time Plus 2 weeks working, with opportunities for career progression
- Bring experience of working across multiple sites with experience delivering first line IT support, gained ideally within a successful educational establishment, or primary school, federation or Multi-Academy Trust
- Capable of working collaboratively with colleagues and key staff within a cluster of schools
- Demonstrate a successful track record of delivering a quality first line IT support service
- Be determined to develop your skills and professionalism within your role
- Be able to travel around your cluster as required.
About the Trust
The Trust has academies based all across England and includes schools at various stages of development, from those requiring significant improvement through to existing outstanding schools. As a Trust we are clear about the importance of achieving long term sustainability for our schools. Our vision is to enable individual academies to flourish with real autonomy, whilst also ensuring a strong ethos of support and collaboration across our schools.
We are presented with a rare opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and life chances of so many primary school children – many of whom haven’t previously received the educational opportunities they deserve.
In order to deliver our vision, we need exceptional staff across the organisation, and we believe that the quality of our staff sets us apart.
Based within the academy clusters the roles will provide effective IT support to our academies within the cluster, attending sites to rectify any IT problems and install hardware and software as necessary, and escalating matters where appropriate.
As Cluster ICT Support Technician, the role will provide high quality and effective support including, but not restricted to the key areas as follows:
- Management of Windows Server 2016 & Office 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure & Virtualised Networks
- Able to visit sites academies locally and further afield as necessary
- Able to engage with end users in schools and central team staff
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues
- Installation & configuration of various end user devices & software packages.
- Providing IT support with the cluster.
- Escalating issues to 2nd line/development where required
- Undertaking small/medium internal IT projects as and when required
Being able to act with discretion and confidentiality is a pre-requisite along with being highly organised and with meticulous attention to detail, whilst also working within tight deadlines is essential.
Those we recruit are able to demonstrate that they share our values, are highly motivated to work with colleagues within and beyond their role to continuously develop their skills and pursue professional excellence, and are committed to providing the highest standards of teaching and support for all children. If that is you then we would be delighted to receive your application.
We offer a competitive salary plus pension, with opportunities for career development and progression in this role.
Application Process: Please send all completed application forms to; HRSupport@reach2.org
Closing date: Wednesday 19th August 2020 by noon
Interviews & Assessment: Week Commencing 24th August 2020 location to be confirmed.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role.
REAch2 are a Living Wage Employer.