At Tymberwood we see great pastoral care as critical in building a nurturing and special environment, allowing all to thrive. Our FLO is the first point of contact for parents/carers and pupils when difficult issues arise. With the support of the Senior Leadership Team, they work with all stakeholders of the school and outside agencies to enable our pupils to overcome barriers to learning and improve outcomes for all our pupils.
We are now looking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake this role and the successful applicant will
- Have the ability to build constructive and professional relationships with parents, students and staff.
- Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life and have the ability to draw on a wide range of support services, information, opportunities and guidance.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
- Work closely and honestly with Senior Leaders
- Be prepared to gain DSL status (Designated Safeguard Lead)
Applicants Will Need To Have
- Previous experience in a similar role, or likewise, history of working effectively with a proven record of effective work with vulnerable families or a keen interest to progress into this role.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships and to understand social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and heritage.
- Experience of Safeguarding children, Child Protection and education management information systems
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and other staff members.
- Emotionally resilient, capable of dealing with challenging situations.
This post is term time only, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.00pm (35 hours per week)
The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. You will also be required to complete the Reach2 Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form – please see below.
Closing date – Monday, 24th February 2020 at midday
Interview date – tbc
Please send completed applications to
or via post to –
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
REAch2 are a Living Wage Employer.