Post: HR Advisor
Salary: £33,355 (SCP 29) to £39,416 (SCP 35) per annum
Responsible to: Senior HR Business Partner
Closing date: 29th July at 6:00pm
Interview date: 5th August
Location: Working from home covering South London, Kent, Berkshire, and Hertfordshire. We are open to flexible working and term time working arrangements.
Funding for professional development available.
We are seeking to recruit a professional, personable, and conscientious HR Advisor to join our Central team. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a hard-working, diligent, and fast-paced team who strive for the best and enjoy working together!
Working remotely, you’ll be one of a team of six HR professionals providing information and advice on employee relations, policies, recruitment, contracts, and payroll in relation to teaching and support staff to sixty schools.
You’ll be the first port of call for Headteachers and School Business Managers across REAch2 schools and you will provide guidance by email, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and over the telephone on HR policies and procedures; draft contracts and letters; advise on disciplinaries, grievances, absence and support recruitment activity.
REAch2 is a national family of primary academies, unswerving in our ambition to raise attainment and achieve excellence for all pupils. We are committed to enabling individual schools to flourish with a high degree of autonomy whilst benefiting from a strong culture of support and collaboration. It’s a real team effort which calls for the best of HR professionals and there’s lots of scope to get involved in team projects and for personal and career development.
Experience of supporting managers is key. Travel may be required to school sites occasionally.
This is an opportunity to:
- Be part of a supportive school-focussed HR team
- Develop your HR career in a progressive Multi-Academy Trust
- Work alongside talented Headteachers and School Business Managers
- CIPD Qualified Level 5 or equivalent
- Knowledgeable about Burgundy and Green Book terms and conditions
- Informed on teaching and support staff payscales / pay calculations
- Able to evidence a proven track record in a previous employee relations role
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Able to show initiative and a willingness to learn
- Hard working and with a great sense of humour!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal conversation about this exciting opportunity please contact Rowan Parry, Senior HR Business Partner on email@example.com. To submit an application form please download , complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 29th July at 6pm.