Post: Learning Support Assistant – 1:1 SEND (Fixed Term – funding dependent)
School: Silkmore Primary Academy, Exeter Street, Stafford, ST17 4EG
Employer: Reach2 Academy Trust
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 4
Hours: 27.5 hours per week, term time only (9.30am-3.30pm).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Silkmore Primary Academy is an outstanding one-form entry school located in Stafford. We have 245 pupils on roll and cater for 2 -11 years children only. At Silkmore we believe that children should learn through discovery and be fully immersed in their learning. The creative, connected curriculum engages our children and takes them on an exciting learning journey that equips them with life skills and develops their learning attitudes.
Potential candidates should have an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant childcare qualification and ideally have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives
• Be creative and committed to making learning interesting and fun
• Inspire trust, instil confidence and embrace challenges, in order to raise pupil expectation and attainment
• Have experience of working with and supporting children with EHCP, desirable experience with children with social, emotional and mental health needs
• To organise and deliver supporting sessions for children on a one-to-one basis
• Be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team
Candidates should also:
• Have a flexible approach to working
• Have experience of working in Key Stage 2
• Work well within a team
• Display initiative and ability to work independently
• Be enthusiastic and dynamic
• Be reliable with a sense of commitment
• Have a calm and patient manner
• Ability to adapt activities to engage an interest
• Use praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
• Liaise with the class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual Learning plans, contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
• Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
• Help to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
• Establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned
• Promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
• Support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
• Provide regular feedback on the pupil’s learning and behaviour to the teacher/SENCO, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted
We can offer you:
• A strong, caring, friendly and enthusiastic staff team committed to achieving high standards
• A strong emphasis on teamwork
• Opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives and life-chances of pupils.
You will be joining the REAch2 Academy Trust, a national family of primary academies committed to raising standards and achieving excellence for all pupils, whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike.
REAch2 Academy Trust are a Living Wage Employer.
REAch2 Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete an online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
Silkmore Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.
VISITS ARE ENCOURAGED AND WELCOME – please contact the school for visits dates.
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
Interview Date: TBC
How to Apply:
Please return your completed application form by email to: email@example.com
Application form – Learning Support Assistant 1:1 SEND
Application Pack / Job Description & Person Specification – Learning Support Assistant 1:1 SEND
This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application.