If you really want to make a difference, then this opportunity may be for you!
Working hours and weeks:
School Administrator: 37 hours/42 weeks per year
School Administrator: RG4 SCP 11-22 (£21,748 – £27,041 FTE) Pro-rata (£19,794 – £24,612)
Pre-agreed overtime will be paid at the same rate.
Job start ASAP or 1st August/1st September 2021
The Palmer Academy is part of the REAch2 Multi Academy Trust, we are looking for enthusiastic and innovative people to join our collaborative and dynamic leadership team.
So, if you are:
• have relevant previous experience in an educational setting.
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• proficient in the use of Word and Excel.
• able to use windows 10 and database systems such as Arbor, Parent Pay and finance systems.
• passionate about creativity and have an excellent sense of humour.
• warm in character, easy to work with and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals.
• calm and able to handle pressure and setbacks with a smile.
• determined to succeed with a ‘find a way or make one!’ attitude.
• committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment.
Then you’d love to work at The Palmer Academy and for REAch2. This is not just another job.
This is a chance to be part of something exciting and very worthwhile. This opportunity will open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our quest.
We can offer you:
• relevant training and qualifications
• a dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships.
• appreciative, well-behaved, and enthusiastic pupils.
• enthusiastic and proactive parents.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting over 60 primary academies across England, including 4 in Reading. REAch2 is a family connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS disclosure with children’s barred list check; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Please contact Mrs Sam Knight, School Business Manager, at The Palmer Academy at email@example.com or call on 0118 9375481 to request an application pack and application form.
The application process and timetable
Application deadline: Applications will be considered on submission. Selection will be earlier for exceptional candidates.
Closing date: Noon on 23rd July 2021. Selection on the 28th July 2021, or earlier for exceptional candidates.
Selection exercises: Interview questions and In-Tray Task
Contract details: Permanent, term time
Salary: As above
Start date: ASAP or 1st August 2021/1st September 2021
Interviews to be held at: The Palmer Academy, 70 Northumberland Avenue, Reading RG2 7PP
Headteacher: Mr Dom Prendergast
Deputy Headteacher: Miss Libby Thomassen