Speech & Language Resource Base Teacher (KS1 classroom)
Salary: M2 to UPS (Inner London), plus SEN 1 allowance (£2873) This role is not suitable for NQTs
Start date: September 1st, 2021
Closing Date: Monday 14th June 2021 @ 9:00am
About the role
We are looking for a creative & inspiring SEN teacher for our sixteen place Speech & Language Resource Base who will have a positive impact on the learning and well-being of our pupils. This position is for the KS1 classroom which also has a member of support staff. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing learners with special educational needs and want to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a creative & inspiring teacher who:
- Makes learning fun and engaging
- Has a track record of raising achievement
- Demonstrates initiative and can enthuse and lead others
- Is able to teach a progressive curriculum where children can build on previously learnt skills and knowledge
- Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
In return, we will offer:
- Fantastic small group teaching facilities
- Enthusiastic, delightful and deserving children
- A hugely talented & committed staff including HLTAs, Speech & Language Therapists and an Artist in Residence
- A position in a well-established Speech & Language Resource Base with a strong team and specialist training
- A vibrant, richly diverse school community
- The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can meet the pupils and staff and see our fantastic facilities. Visit times have been scheduled (see below). If you would like to visit the school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position that you are interested in applying for and which visit you have chosen to attend. If you would like a conversation with the Headteacher before applying, please email email@example.com with the title ‘S&LRB Teacher’ or phone the school directly.
Visits: Tuesday 8th June @ 5:15pm or Saturday 12th June @ 10:15am
Closing Date & shortlisting: Monday, 14th June @ 9:00am
Interviews: Friday, June 18th
How to apply
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org A scanned signature will be accepted or simply follow this up with a signed copy in the post: Lisa Turner, Office Manager, Tidemill Academy, 11 Giffin Street, London, SE8 4RJ. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.
REAch2 are a Real Living Wage Employer.