Talented and engaging teacher needed!
Job title: Teacher (s)
Location: The Palmer Academy, Reading
Contract details: Permanent or fixed term
Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale
Start date: 1st September 2021
Interviews: 5th or 6th May 2021
If you really want to make a difference, then this opportunity may be for you! This isn’t just any teaching job. This is the chance to be part of something amazing, to improve the life chances of children and to accelerate your career and expertise.
The Palmer Academy is part of the REAch2 Multi Academy Trust, we are looking for enthusiastic and innovative teachers to join our collaborative and growing team.
•EYFS teachers who are committed to encouraging children to develop their natural curiosity and hunger for learning within a safe, secure and accessible environment.
• KS1 or KS2 Teachers with high expectations of all pupils, who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all in achieving their best.
So, if you are:
• An excellent practitioner, keen to work in a supportive and principle-based school. • Are driven by a strong moral purpose to enable all children to achieve and have integrity. • Passionate about creativity and have an excellent sense of humour. • Warm in character, easy to work with and committed to teamwork, recognising that more can be achieved together than is possible as individuals. • A professional who values wellbeing but unafraid of hard work. • Calm and able to handle pressure and setbacks with a smile.• Keen to be challenged to become the best you can be. • Able to be pushed at an accelerated rate of development, and reflective and proactive enough to make it happen. • Determined to succeed with a ‘find a way or make one!’ attitude. • Is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment.
Then you’d love to work at The Palmer Academy and for REAch2. This is not just another job. This is a chance to be part of something exciting and very worthwhile. This opportunity will open doors both professionally and personally to anyone who joins our quest.
We can offer you:
• A Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career and balanced life. • Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates across the Trust. • The chance to work with a fantastic team, with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc. • Opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflectivity. • The chance to use / develop personal curriculum strengths. • An excellent CPD training programme. • A dynamic, creative staff, dedicated to achieving whole-school improvement and building lifelong friendships. • Appreciative, well-behaved, and enthusiastic pupils. • Enthusiastic and proactive parents.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting over 60 primary academies across England, including 4 in Reading. REAch2 is a family connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
The current available roles are one permanent and one fixed term.
Leadership opportunity! For candidates with the relevant skills, knowledge and experience, there is a Teaching and Learning Responsibility (TLR) for English. Please state your interest for this role when emailing the school as there is a separate application pack for this.
The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS disclosure with children’s barred list check; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Virtual or on-site visits to our school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged at your convenience to meet our brilliant children! Please send complete application packs to Mrs Sam Knight, School Business Manager, at The Palmer Academy at email@example.com or call on 0118 9375481.
The application process and timeline:
- Application deadline: Monday 26th April 2021 at 12 noon.
- School visits: Virtual or on-site tour and informal discussion times: Wednesday 31 March – afternoon Tuesday 20th April – morning Or, if you’re unable to attend at these times, do suggest some alternatives.
- Selection exercises: These will take place on Wednesday 5th or Thursday 6th May 2021 1. Teaching element 2. Tasks linked to the role of the teacher 3. An interview
- Contract details: Permanent or fixed term
- Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale
- Start date: 1st September 2021
- Interviews: 5th or 6th May 2021. To be held either at The Palmer Academy, 70 Northumberland Avenue, Reading RG2 7PP and/or virtually.